Saturday, 31 December 2005
Generation Fame, BBC1
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC's top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn't have been worse if they'd tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the "celebs' cavorted around him
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
Why is everyone talking about Making A Murderer?
If you’re on Twitter or Facebook, or even just online, the chances are you’ll have been subjected to an abundance of tweets, articles and o...
ThecustardTV Podcast: Is Critical too bonkers to enjoy?
In the latest podcast we discuss Sky's glossy new medical drama Critical, find out why Gary is enjoying The Casual Vacancy and Mat...
Matt on the Box: Jericho, Endeavour, Beowulf, War and Peace and Deutschland '83
So we're one week into 2016 now and as always the TV has filled up with new and returning drama and as always yours truly has attempted ...
The TVweek: Sunday 30th January - 5th February 2016
Sunday 7.30pm The Jump Channel 4 - Return of the reality series which sees Over the new few weeks on , 12 celebrities - Dean Cain, Sarah H...
Does The X Files return give fans what they want?
When The X-Files originally aired in 1993, it opened to generally positive reviews and reception. Still, it would have been difficult t...
The TVweek: Saturday 16th - Friday 22nd January 2015
Saturday 6.50pm The Getaway Car BBC1 - Game show hosted by Dermot O'Leary. Set against the stunning backdrop of the South African count...