Saturday, 31 December 2005
Generation Fame, BBC1
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC's top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn't have been worse if they'd tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the "celebs' cavorted around him
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
The TV week – what's new June 28-July 4
Lennie James in Fallout Saturday 4.15pm/9.30pm/midnight Glastonbury 2008 BBC2 – Jo Whiley, Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe and Phill ...
ITV launches new Drama trailer
Today (Monday 14th January 2013) ITV1 became ITV. I know nobody likes change do they? With the rebrand came a new trailer showcasing the for...
Born Sloppy, Channel 4
For those of us mystified by the popularity of Sara Cox, Born Sloppy provided no clues. As a Radio 1 breakfast show presenter, she's no...
2014: Our picks for the best of the year.
So we've done it! We've reached the end of the year. 2014 wasn't as packed as last year, but when it was good, it was very go...
Did we like it? Our ITV, which art in trouble, ridiculed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come; thy off switch will be pressed, on t...