Saturday, 31 December 2005
Generation Fame, BBC1
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC's top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn't have been worse if they'd tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the "celebs' cavorted around him
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
Win 1 of 4 copies of Peter Kay's Car Share on DVD!
You can win 1 of 4 Copies of Peter Kay's Car Share on DVD. Answer the question below to Enter!
Toast of London: Matt Berry is as funny as ever as Clem Fandango and the rest of the gang return
I think the mark of a popular sitcom is when at least one of its catchphrases enters the popular vernacular. So as the line 'I Can Hea...
BBC One announces cast for new police drama Cuffs
The cast has been announced for BBC One's new fast-paced contemporary cop show Cuffs ; which commenced filming this week. Former Hus...
Matt on the Box: London Spy, Unforgotten, Josh and Peep Show
Hey folks, welcome back to another review of some recent TV highlights as I cast my withering gaze over what the small screen as offered us ...
The launch of BBC Store
The BBC have launched a new way to buy and keep your favourite BBC shows BBC Store makes it simpler for audiences to buy, watch and k...
The TV week – what's new June 28-July 4
Lennie James in Fallout Saturday 4.15pm/9.30pm/midnight Glastonbury 2008 BBC2 – Jo Whiley, Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe and Phill ...