Saturday, 31 December 2005
Generation Fame, BBC1
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC's top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn't have been worse if they'd tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the "celebs' cavorted around him
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
Educating Yorkshire: Everything you need to know
This brand new eight-part documentary series explores life at a Yorkshire school. Located at the heart of a diverse northern community, and ...
Scott & Bailey to return to ITV
ITV has commissioned a three-part special series of Scott & Bailey featuring a single crime story to be produced by award winning indepe...
The TVweek: Sunday 23rd - Friday 28th August 2015
Sunday 8.00pm Time Crashers Channel 4 - Sir Tony Robinson presents the six-part immersive history series that sees 10 famous faces: Kirst...
Jordskott: We're not entirely sure what this is going to be.
As we all know, anyone who mentions the words ‘Scandinavian’ and ‘drama’ is guaranteed to cause much frothing at the mouth. The successes of...
Clips from the second episode of Mr. Selfridge
Sunday sees the second episode of ITV1's period drama Mr. Selfridge. The 10-part series launched on Sunday 6th January, peaking at 8.1...
ITV launches new Drama trailer
Today (Monday 14th January 2013) ITV1 became ITV. I know nobody likes change do they? With the rebrand came a new trailer showcasing the for...