Saturday, 31 December 2005
Generation Fame, BBC1
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC's top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn't have been worse if they'd tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the "celebs' cavorted around him
The Missing: The BBC drama makes a triumphant return.
If you're coming to this review having just watched The Missing I'll bet you've just made that noise that we all make when a...
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
The Fall Series Three: Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson go to hospital as the serial killer drama returns.
Over the past few years we've seen a few examples of TV dramas returning purely because their inaugural series performed so well in t...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
Win National Treasure on DVD!
If you loved National Treasure as much as us we've got a treat for you
The TVweek: Saturday 15th - Friday 21st October 2016
Saturday 7.00pm Meet the Parents ITV - Holly Willoughby puts the love lives of singletons in the hands of the people that know them best -...
The Great British Bake-Off: Final Review
And then there were three. Back in August I don't think I would've predicted that Andrew, Jane and Candice would've been the...
The TVWeek: Saturday 8th-Friday 14th October
Saturday 8.00pm The X-Factor ITV - The live shows begin as the final twelve acts compete for public votes during 'Express Yourself...