Thursday, 24 June 2004
The Graham Norton Effect, BBC3
The much-loved camp comic brings cheer to America
What to say if you disliked it
Seen it all before, honey
What was good about it?
• The shocking jokes eg New York is so hot it's like being in a sauna except there's no 86-year-old man masturbating in front of you
• The even more shocking jokes eg People have accused Mel Gibson of being an anti-Semite and a homophobe but I don't think he is because I fucked him and afterwards we watched Yentl.
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had lovely pecs
• The pussy snorkel that glows in the dark
• The man with the teeth cleaning fetish
• The Little Britain sketches that replaced the ad breaks
• The Match The Couple game that ended with the bisexual threesome bombshell
What was bad about it?
• Sarah "chlorine douche" Bernhardt
• Marlon Wayans
• Graham still can't disguise it when he's reading the autocue
• The shock confessions were too tame (cat biting penis, farting on a plane, being caught having sex)
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had horrible hair
• The manties (panties for men)
• The stunt involving a lifelike sex doll placed in a Manhattan bar rigged with speakers and a mic
Red Rock: Much more than a daytime soap
Contributed by Colin Mc Mahon The world of soap can be a fickle place. While the Big Three may still rule the ratings on their respective...
Comedy reboots: Never go back
Contributed by Deborah Shrewsbury So something worrying occurred last week. Images of the new Porridge remake were circulated around t...
Boy Meets Girl: A welcome return?
Contributed by Matt Donnelly It's great when a TV comedy can come out of nowhere and surprise you and that's exactly what Boy Mee...
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
Fleabag: modern life is rubbish is BBC3's newest comedy.
Contributed by Colin Mc Mahon Greedy. Perverted. Selfish. Apathetic. Cynical. Depraved. Just some of the adjectives that the titular F...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
Desert Island Dramas: Gary's picks
So, imagine you were marooned on a desert island. You've got basic provisions which naturally includes a television. Which ten dramas...
The Secret Agent: Exciting Sunday night drama
Contributed by Phil Wilkinson-Jones With everything that’s going on the world at the moment, it would be pretty brave to commission a ser...