Thursday, 24 June 2004
The Graham Norton Effect, BBC3
The much-loved camp comic brings cheer to America
What to say if you disliked it
Seen it all before, honey
What was good about it?
• The shocking jokes eg New York is so hot it's like being in a sauna except there's no 86-year-old man masturbating in front of you
• The even more shocking jokes eg People have accused Mel Gibson of being an anti-Semite and a homophobe but I don't think he is because I fucked him and afterwards we watched Yentl.
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had lovely pecs
• The pussy snorkel that glows in the dark
• The man with the teeth cleaning fetish
• The Little Britain sketches that replaced the ad breaks
• The Match The Couple game that ended with the bisexual threesome bombshell
What was bad about it?
• Sarah "chlorine douche" Bernhardt
• Marlon Wayans
• Graham still can't disguise it when he's reading the autocue
• The shock confessions were too tame (cat biting penis, farting on a plane, being caught having sex)
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had horrible hair
• The manties (panties for men)
• The stunt involving a lifelike sex doll placed in a Manhattan bar rigged with speakers and a mic
Unforgotten: ITV's best crime drama
It's a new year and already the schedules are awash with crime dramas. Sherlock, Silent Witness, No Offence, Unforgotten, Death in Par...
Sherlock: What did we make of Episode 3?
It’s shock blankets a-plenty in the Sherlock fandom tonight as ‘The Final Problem’ made its explosive debut on television. Yes, tonight’s e...
Welcome back Endeavour!
This new series of the Morse prequel has returned in the midst of a busy and great period for British crime drama It might only be the fi...
Sherlock episode 2 proves it can still shock
When Sherlock returned on New Years Day, it was to mixed reviews. It was all a little bit marmite, with some already putty in Moffat and G...
The Best of 2016: Celebrating the best TV Of the Year
It's that time of year where pick the best shows of the year. A lot has been made of what generally awful year 2016 was but when the ...
Sherlock: Why do you make it so hard to love you?
It's important you know that I was a massive Sherlock for its first two series. It looked like nothing else on television and the ninet...
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
Let it Shine: Has the BBC's new talent show have what it takes?
It’s the talent show that no one really expected (or perhaps even asked for), but here BBC One ’ s Let It Shine is anyway. The format i...