Thursday, 24 June 2004
The Graham Norton Effect, BBC3
The much-loved camp comic brings cheer to America
What to say if you disliked it
Seen it all before, honey
What was good about it?
• The shocking jokes eg New York is so hot it's like being in a sauna except there's no 86-year-old man masturbating in front of you
• The even more shocking jokes eg People have accused Mel Gibson of being an anti-Semite and a homophobe but I don't think he is because I fucked him and afterwards we watched Yentl.
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had lovely pecs
• The pussy snorkel that glows in the dark
• The man with the teeth cleaning fetish
• The Little Britain sketches that replaced the ad breaks
• The Match The Couple game that ended with the bisexual threesome bombshell
What was bad about it?
• Sarah "chlorine douche" Bernhardt
• Marlon Wayans
• Graham still can't disguise it when he's reading the autocue
• The shock confessions were too tame (cat biting penis, farting on a plane, being caught having sex)
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had horrible hair
• The manties (panties for men)
• The stunt involving a lifelike sex doll placed in a Manhattan bar rigged with speakers and a mic
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
The TV week – what's new June 28-July 4
Lennie James in Fallout Saturday 4.15pm/9.30pm/midnight Glastonbury 2008 BBC2 – Jo Whiley, Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe and Phill ...
What Remains: How well do you know your neighbours?
I have a confession to make. I know I'm supposed to be a TV critic but I will confess to you here and now that for the last ten Sunda...
Did we like it? Our ITV, which art in trouble, ridiculed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come; thy off switch will be pressed, on t...
Bluestone 42: BBC Three's Bomb Disposal Sitcom is back with a Bang!
When BBC Three's move online was first announced a lot of the objections were due to the fact that the channel had spawned a plethora of...
Bafta: The Shows that didn't make the cut.
So the nominees for the BAFTA TV awards have been announced and to be honest for the most part it's a flawless list. The nominees sho...