Thursday, 24 June 2004
The Graham Norton Effect, BBC3
The much-loved camp comic brings cheer to America
What to say if you disliked it
Seen it all before, honey
What was good about it?
• The shocking jokes eg New York is so hot it's like being in a sauna except there's no 86-year-old man masturbating in front of you
• The even more shocking jokes eg People have accused Mel Gibson of being an anti-Semite and a homophobe but I don't think he is because I fucked him and afterwards we watched Yentl.
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had lovely pecs
• The pussy snorkel that glows in the dark
• The man with the teeth cleaning fetish
• The Little Britain sketches that replaced the ad breaks
• The Match The Couple game that ended with the bisexual threesome bombshell
What was bad about it?
• Sarah "chlorine douche" Bernhardt
• Marlon Wayans
• Graham still can't disguise it when he's reading the autocue
• The shock confessions were too tame (cat biting penis, farting on a plane, being caught having sex)
• The hunks who escorted Sandra Bernhardt on had horrible hair
• The manties (panties for men)
• The stunt involving a lifelike sex doll placed in a Manhattan bar rigged with speakers and a mic
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
Saturday Essay: Derren Brown: The Guilt Trip: a step too far or an elaborate hoax?
Image Credit: Channel 4 Derren wields a croquet mallet in front of the 'murder' scene As predicted, Derren Brown's shows a...
Ben Miller on comedy start
Death in Paradise star Ben Miller has been modelling new suits for Marks & Spencer. In this interview he discusses meeting his ...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
ITV launches new Drama trailer
Today (Monday 14th January 2013) ITV1 became ITV. I know nobody likes change do they? With the rebrand came a new trailer showcasing the for...
TheCustard chats to Sally Wainwright for Happy Valley.
Tuesday sees the start of a fantastic new six-part drama on BBC ONE The series, entitled Happy Valley centres around policewoman Catheri...
Top 5 TV shows for teenagers
No other time in our lives compares to the torridly dramatic period of our teenage years. Fear not though. For those of you who still hav...
Thecustard Chats to Sharon Rooney ahead of My Mad Fat Diary DVD release
Monday 25th February sees the DVD of E4's comedy drama My Mad Fat Diary . The series, based loosely on the real life diaries of Rae Ea...