Thursday, 9 November 2006
David Walliams: My Life With James Bond, ITV1
Celebrity-fronted documentaries should normally be approached with care – but this one was excellent.
What was good about it?
• David Walliams was a perfect choice as the host. He is a genuine Bond fan and his admiration and enthusiasm for the 007 franchise was very clear throughout the documentary.
• Jimmy Carr on the man with the golden gun’s golden gun – "Now if I was going to be murdered by a mental bloke with three nipples, that is how I would want to go!"
• David raised an interesting issue: "What happens to Bond girls the next morning? Does he make them breakfast? Does he call them a taxi? Or does he say: ‘I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I’m gay?’’
• We are especially thankful to the producers of the show for including clips from the new film of the stunning new Bond girl Eva Green. Ms. Green was once described by a director that she had previously worked with as ‘so beautiful it hurts’ – no prizes for guessing what ‘it’ is then…
What was bad about it?
• The walking fashion disaster that is Jonathon Ross being introduced as a "fashion icon." We can only hope that they were being sarcastic!
• Out of all the former Bond girls that they could have chosen to interview and asked to define the term ‘Bond girl’ the picked Maryam O’Abo. Now she is from the Dalton years-which, let’s face it, is nothing to be proud of.
The Missing: The BBC drama makes a triumphant return.
If you're coming to this review having just watched The Missing I'll bet you've just made that noise that we all make when a...
In the Flesh: Why we should be shouting about this more
Amid the tremendous bevy of high quality programmes delivered over the past few months – Prey , Happy Valley , From There to Here ...
The Fall Series Three: Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson go to hospital as the serial killer drama returns.
Over the past few years we've seen a few examples of TV dramas returning purely because their inaugural series performed so well in t...
What to Expect from The Lady Vanishes
Sunday night has long been the home of period drama on BBC One with recent examples being Upstairs Downstairs and Call the Midwife. Thi...
Win National Treasure on DVD!
If you loved National Treasure as much as us we've got a treat for you
The TVweek: Saturday 15th - Friday 21st October 2016
Saturday 7.00pm Meet the Parents ITV - Holly Willoughby puts the love lives of singletons in the hands of the people that know them best -...
The Great British Bake-Off: Final Review
And then there were three. Back in August I don't think I would've predicted that Andrew, Jane and Candice would've been the...
The TVWeek: Saturday 8th-Friday 14th October
Saturday 8.00pm The X-Factor ITV - The live shows begin as the final twelve acts compete for public votes during 'Express Yourself...