Did we like it?
Celebrity-fronted documentaries should normally be approached with care – but this one was excellent.
What was good about it?
• David Walliams was a perfect choice as the host. He is a genuine Bond fan and his admiration and enthusiasm for the 007 franchise was very clear throughout the documentary.
• Jimmy Carr on the man with the golden gun’s golden gun – "Now if I was going to be murdered by a mental bloke with three nipples, that is how I would want to go!"
• David raised an interesting issue: "What happens to Bond girls the next morning? Does he make them breakfast? Does he call them a taxi? Or does he say: ‘I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I’m gay?’’
• We are especially thankful to the producers of the show for including clips from the new film of the stunning new Bond girl Eva Green. Ms. Green was once described by a director that she had previously worked with as ‘so beautiful it hurts’ – no prizes for guessing what ‘it’ is then…
What was bad about it?
• The walking fashion disaster that is Jonathon Ross being introduced as a "fashion icon." We can only hope that they were being sarcastic!
• Out of all the former Bond girls that they could have chosen to interview and asked to define the term ‘Bond girl’ the picked Maryam O’Abo. Now she is from the Dalton years-which, let’s face it, is nothing to be proud of.