Did we like it?
Fearne Britton and Phillip Schofield brought their This Morning chemistry to primetime and we liked them but this isn’t the sort of show we really care for.
What was good about it?
• Wendy Richard. Wouldn’t like to meet her on a dark night. The mistress of looks that could kill. Amazingly, her partner can’t stop smiling in the face of such austerity.
• Shane Lynch and his wife Sheena seem like a very nice couple.
• In addition to the good old Mr & Mrs format from the Derek Batey heydays, the additional His & Hers round worked quite well. We even liked the low-techness of using pink and blue sparkly table tennis bats rather than flashy electronic gizmos.
What was bad about it?
• Phil Tufnell acting the buffoon. If he hadn’t been on, agonising over every answer and messing around, this would have been a much better show. Future shows will rely on the guests and if they are saddled with more idiocy like we got from Tuffers, the show will hit the buffers.
• We’d rather Saturday night TV tried to innovate rather than regress. Polishing up old daytime game shows isn’t the path that ITV should really be treading.