What to say if you like it
Ewan Macintosh (the wonderful Keith from The Office) gets a chance to make it in Hollywood…
What to say if you dislike it
…but so do the woeful wannabes Jodi Albert, Ashley Mulheron, Giles Vickers and Anouska de Georgiou
What was good about it?
• Vernon Kay’s presentation was kept to a minimum and he did nothing to annoy us for once
• Footage of Ewan trying to retain some dignity while surrounded by idiots screaming “oh my God” as they got overexcited by a stretch limo and a large shower
• The LA house they’re staying in (with Leo, Ben and Jen as near neighbours) looks lovely – although Sarah Beeny would surely have something to say about the rather chaotic layout
What was bad about it?
• Acting coach Bernard Hiller. He looks like Chris Langham after a dozen facelifts, pronounces his first name in that poncey American way (with the emphasis on ‘nard’) and comes out with unenlightened, patronising slogans (or “gobbledygook” according to Ewan who was the only one of the five not to swallow his bullshit as if it was caviare). eg
“You will discover things about yourself you never knew were there.” “It’s show business not shy business.”
• Ashley (she’s on Sky Vegas, one of those channels normal people never visit) speaking in her horrible West Country-Meets-Mid Atlantic accent
• Anouska (she’s an It Girl, model, actress, singer) being so full of her own im-portance. “When I’m performing, every girl wants to be me and every guy wants to be with me.”
• Jodi (she was in Hollyoaks) displaying dimness beyond belief. When asked what was unique about her, she replied: “There’s only one of me so that in itself makes me unique. You don’t have a Jodi Albert in Hollywood, so there’s obviously a gap.”
• Giles’ smugness.