Did we like it?
No. watching “celebrities” slide around on ice in the poor man’s Strictly Come Dancing left us very, very cold.
What was good about it?
• Co-presenter Holly Willoughby was much better to watch than Nitwit Natasha Kaplinksy or Terrible Tess Daly.
• We got to hear T Rex’s I Love To Boogie on primetime ITV. On the down side, it was accompanied by TOTP destroyer Andi Peters mincing around in a too-tight yellow T-shirt.
• David Seaman has got rid of his ponytail – but he looked horrible in a yellow shirt and red trousers
• The sadistic use of slo-mo replays of the training accident when Bonnie Langford cracked her head into the ice
What was bad about it?
• While Strictly Come Dancing had good old Brucie Forsyth, Dancing On Ice is stuck with superbland Phillip Schofield.
• The odious (sh)It Girl Tamara Beckwith didn’t have her fingers/tongue/head sliced off by the razor-sharp skates before she became the first “celebrity” to be discarded.
• All the fuss given to the “celebrities” especially mega-nonenity Andrea McLean
• The stupid booing whenever the judges failed to rate the “celebrities” as the new Torville & Dean.
• Corrie reject Sean Wilson claiming; “This is the best experience I’ve ever had.” How can he say that? He’s kissed Gail.