Did we like it?
Sadly, no. The series four opener was a spoof The Making Of… documentary and the usual style and pace was badly restrained.
What was good about it?
• Vince Chase’s new film Medellin is in the can in Columbia so the rest of the series will be back in Los Angeles for more of the usual high-spirited antics we’ve come to love.
• The ritual humiliation of Johnny Drama who had to beg for a cameo role as a Colombian solider.
• We love Eric, the sensible member of the gang, and he really shone by keeping head while everyone else was verging on hysteria in the battle to make the movie for €30m.
* Agent Ari’s bitchy comments to the documentary film crew.
What was bad about it?
• The episode was dominated by Billy Walsh, the over-indulged film director, whose tantrums and creative genus histrionics are always a bore.
• Vince’s cute face was often hidden by the prosthetics he required to play chubby druglord Pablo Escobar. It’s one of the few times we’ve actually seen Vince act. he wasn’t bad but didn’t exactly live up to his billing as Hollywood’s hottest talent.
Aired Thursday 27 March 2008