Did we like it?
So much effort has gone into finding the right vehicle for Graham Norton. The BBC’s top brains have been on the case. SACK THEM ALL NOW. This couldn’t have been worse if they’d tried. And the revered Generation Game brand-name has now been tarnished.
What was good about it?
• Harry Hill honking out TV theme tunes on car horns and Johnny Vegas revealing his pottery skills
• The skipping Belgians and the Rolf Harris-like artist
What was bad about it?
• Horrible title sequence.
• Horrible theme song.
• Horrible lighting.
* Horrible little set.
• Lousy opening monologue
• Picking a woman out of the audience to become the glamorous assistant was a good idea. Ruined by picking thick Janet.
• Davina McCall trying too hard – and winning.
• Rupert Grint being forced into this shambles
• James Fleet and Kellie Holmes being underwhelming
• Engelbert Humperdinck being forced to sing Quando, Quando, Quando while the “celebs’ cavorted around him