Did we like it?
Oops, they didn’t do it again. The makers of Two Pints of Lager certainly don’t have a similar long-running hit on their hands with this twentysomething sitcom.
What was good about it?
• We love Sheridan Smith.
• Sean Meo as lovestruck lawyer Grant was the only character displaying any reality – and he’s got such a cute little face.
• We never came close to laughing, but DJ Mike playing Morrissey at a kids’ birthday party raised a smile.
What was bad about it?
• Sheridan Smith, as central character Michelle, was simply regurgitating her Janet character from Two Pints – while talent-free zone Rob Rouse (as her brother Mike) was too much like her Two Pints partner Jonny, without any of his endearing qualities, and Fiona Wass (as best friend Claire) was identical to Two Pints’ barmaid Kelly.
• But the worst thing about it was O-T Fagbenle as Michelle’s new man Dean. He may be RADA trained and look like Craig David but he was not right for this part.
• “Jokes” about Monster Munch, farting, the time of the month, unrequited love and ovaries.
• Claire’s “quirk” – a love of biting men – was so stupid there’s no way anyone would swallow that.
• The “laughs” at the expense of a mentally ill man who licked the window of Mike’s camper van and ran around howling.