Did we like it?
An interesting insight into the life of one of the world’s most successful pop stars.
What was good about it?
• We enjoyed the exclusive footage from his rehearsals and 25th anniversary tour. It was good to hear that his drug abuse hasn’t affected his incredible voice. Also, judging from the clips, George still has that amazing connection with his audience that was so prominent 20 years ago.
• He was brave to be so honest and bare his soul to the British public. In the interests of putting the record straight. Nothing to do with product promotion.
What was bad about it?
• George’s inability to admit that he has a drug problem even though in one scene he openly smoked a joint. ‘George Michael wishes to inform you that he has never tested positive for drink or drugs whilst driving.’ we were informed. The heavily-promoted outrageous scene of George doing dope was shot in Madrid, where it isn’t a crime. (Yep, he’s a bit stupid but he ain’t that stupid) .
• George’s rather condescending attitude to cannabis. “You’ve got to be in the right position in life to take it. You’ve got to have achieved most of your ambitions because it chills you out to such a degree you could lose your ambitions.”
• His annoying obsession with talking about sex. For a man who constantly exclaims that he isn’t sexually frustrated, he talks about it an awful lot.
• When he first met presenter Melvyn Bragg, George made a point of saying: “Oh careful, I’ve got hair gel on my hand.” Melvyn no doubt took a quick look around to see if there were any public toilets nearby.
• George trying to make out that his controversial 2002 song Freak was some sort of political protest yet the video was just a pathetic excuse for porn.
• He says that he’s fed up of being a “political ping-pong ball” and if he could just learn to keep his mouth shut then he could have sex wherever he wanted: so, that’s George Michael coming to park near you soon!
• Has he had Botox? He was looking more rubbery than one of those Halloween masks that those pesky trick or treaters were wearing on Tuesday night.