Did we like it?
Leigh Francis’ Keith Lemon gets another outing – this time as the host of a celebrity-based quiz show, with team captains Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby. The first two series of Bo Selecta were funny, but this shambolic attempt at emulating Shooting Stars was absolute garbage. We sat stony-faced throughout – the Keith Lemon character is just not funny. Time for a new act, Leigh.
What was good about it?
• Now that Dermot O’Leary has grown his hair, we’ve realised he’s ginger.
• The round entitled ‘Caught On Camera Keith’. This puerile acronym was about as funny as the show got.
• Dermot O’Leary lamenting “I thought I was on ITV2’s version of QI!” Sack your agent, Dermot.
What was bad about it?
• We witnessed the bizarre sight of Lesley Joseph done up as Amy Winehouse, sporting a huge wig with question categories written on it. For all the interaction she had with Keith, a member of the public could have done it.
• If Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and ‘Showbiz Reporter’ Rav Singh uttered more than 10 words between them, then they must have ended-up on the cutting-room floor. Do people get paid to sit there and contribute nothing?
• It was painful to see so many of the panel visibly looking like they wished they could have been anywhere else.