Did we like it?
We’ve never watched Sky One’s Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old because it is hosted by the nauseous Noel Edmonds but we suspect this is something very similar. It’s a sorry state of affairs when BBC1 had to fish in the same format pool as Sky One – especially when it comes up with a show as mundane as this.
What was good about it?
• The Information Overload round was quite good fun – an observational test like we used to get on Screen Test and The Krypton Factor.
• One of the competitors looked like a cross between Ivy Tyldesley and Jeanette Krankie.
What was bad about it?
• Like Davina McCall, host John Barrowman tries to make up for a lack of wit and charisma by SHOUTING a lot. Although he’s over-exposed on TV, he still managed to look frightened of the cameras and his banter with the contestants was unfunny and awkward.
• Some of the rounds were very dull, even when the four women were exposed as rather thick by the kids.
• The kids were almost all rather horrible creatures. Two had very funny names, though: Miracle and Lentil.