What is it?
Drama series about the crew of “Fresh Air” (geddit?), a budget airline.
What to say if you liked it
Milestone drama that frees British popular culture from the sexually repressive legacy of seaside postcards and the Carry On films.
What to say if you didn’t like it
A bunch of Polyester-clad twentysomethings shagging each other in stopover hotels.
What was good about it?
• Hard-faced cabin dominatrix Janice Steele – we love her.
• The grown-up attitude to sex, drugs and pre-flight toilet cleaning that makes other post-watershed shows look like children’s TV.
• Sweet-faced (and natured) Poppy, the cute blonde flight attendant – we love her even more than Janice.
• Guest appearance by Sheridan Smith (Two Pints…) as an obsessive wannabee cabin staffer.
• They’ve got real aeroplanes with ‘Fresh’ written on them, instead of faking it like the BBC would do.
• They keep changing the characters, but the new ones are good.
What was bad about it?
• The characters are good, but they keep changing them.
• We’ve seen enough thongs now to last us the rest of the decade.