Did we like it?
No, this sitcom set in a suburban brothel is definitely rejectable.
What was good about it?
• Although the jokes at the expense of airhead whore Hayley (Jodi Albert) went on a bit, we did laugh at her response to client Michael when he revealed: “My wife would rather curl up with Margaret Attwood.” “Is she a lesbian?” Hayley asked.
• The description of aged brothel owner Maureen as “World of Leather on the outside, Chessington World of Adventure on the inside”.
What was bad about it?
• Not enough laughs. Lame wordplay (The Two Whoresmen of the A Pussy Lips).
• The humour about ethnic cleansing, Serbian war criminals and cock and ball torture. Would have been acceptable if it had been funny.
• Client Michael’s hesitant golly-goshness went too far. But we did enjoy his critique of Judge John Deed.