Did we like it?
That’s what we call tacky.
What was good about it?
• Appearances by our beloved Susan Hanson (she was wonderwaitress Miss Diane in the Crossroads motel) and our beloved Judith Chalmers (she’s been to Key West gay bars, wouldn’t you know)
• Fern Britton can’t help being lovable, even in an M&S frock
What was bad about it?
• With Julian Clary as guest co-host, we were never more than a minute away from a crude knob gag.
• The ugly audience, cheap set and – yet again from ITV – a title sequence compiled by a drunk monkey hitting keys on a keyboard.
• So much of the show fell flat, but the lowlight was the wheeling out of four of the women who’ve whorishly sucked on crumbly Flakes in TV commercials
• Anything worth watching (eg Yootha Joyce) was on and off the screen in seconds to make way for more Fern-Julian “banter”.