Did we like it?
It’s hardly going to challenge Porridge as the best prison sitcom of all time. And it’s hardly going to challenge The Smoking Room as BBC3’s best one-set sitcom.
What was good about it?
• Beatrice Kelly as nutty Nana, obsessed with Father O’Kane and crucifixes.
• The theme song, How Does It Feel? by Slade.
What was bad about it?
• The grim-up-north characters. Even John Henshaw couldn’t make anything of his role as father of wrongly convicted Michael.
• The idiotic characters. Laughing at the stupid may have been okay for the 1970s but we’ve moved on.
• The script was so lacking in any decent jokes, even though the prison visiting room setting should have been a goldmine.
• Worst character was Darren Tighe’s megalomaniac Mark.