Did we like it?
It was a (f)Abba night and made up for the previous live shows: the Motown was mediocre, Rod Stewart stank and swing ain’t our thing – but this was.
What was good about it?
• Eton Road won the night with Does Your Mother Know? They’re by far the most entertaining act and we hope they pip boring Ben to the title.
• For the first time, we realised why Leona is a contender. She’d bored us before but her Chiquitita was gorgeous.
• Even Robbie pleased us with his full-on take A Chance On Me. And Ray was reasonable with his swinging Waterloo
• Sharon was quite constructive for once.
• Simon’s dirty look when Lousy Louie sent Ashley packing.
What was bad about it?
• Another off-key performance by no-chance Nikitta, yet she survived again.
• We’re not lovin’ it when the MacDonald Brothers sing and they f**ked up Fernando this week. And those little incestuous glances at each other are getting a little creepy. Yet they survived again.
• Ashley has got worse every week and, after an horrific The Winner Takes It All, we won’t miss him now he’s gone.
• Lousy Louie attempting to snap at the heels of the superior Simon but only appearing more and more ridiculous every time he tries to fight back.
• The direction is lousy. Every time an act is about to do their fanciest dance steps, the camera cuts away.