1. “Pop, as in pop music, is the abbreviation of which adjective.” Pop singer Javine: “Pass.”
2. “In Russia a Semovar is a device used for making which hot drink?” Faria Alam: “Wine.”
3. “Which songwriting duo did Bono compare Tony Blair and Gordon Brown to?” “Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney.”
4. Anne to actor Mark Wingett: “Twenty-one years in The Bill and you end up with hatchet-faced June Ackland”. Which wasn’t so funny in itself, more for the reason that the insult was made by a woman who, if she had to exist on a police sergeant’s salary would have a face useful for nothing better than butchering cattle in a slaughterhouse.
5. “In the 1920s song ‘I scream, you scream, we all scream for’ what? Equestrian Olympic gold medallist Leslie Law: “Joy.