What was it about?
The working class Callaghan family goes to live the life of the Upper Classes in a big house with staff. Of course, it’s really about the relationships within the family unit. The one who adapts best gets 50 grand.
What to say if you liked it.
A valid social experiment which looks at the differences between the classes.
What to say if you didn’t like it.
A waste of money because leopards can’t change their spots.
What was good about it?
• The servants are the judges and the family don’t know that
• The family has to perform a task each week, which is always embarrassing and good for the viewers.
• We the viewers get to see the servants laughing their heads off at the family’s antics and sneering at tattoos, tacky jewellery etc.
• One of them gets kicked out each week.
What was bad about it?
• We cringed virtually the whole way through
• The in-fighting started as soon as they arrived, with some taking it seriously and others not so.
• The bouffant hairstyles of the men
• The complaint that the Steak Tartare was cold