Did we like it?
We only lasted about half an hour before we had to bale out, fearing that we’d be petrified due to boredom.
What was good about it?
• The England team was obviously the brightest.
What was bad about it?
• Patrick Kielty could have been a contender. He could have been one of the most cutting comics of his generation. Instead, he’s turned into pap, a limp light entertainment puppet.
• The format, and epic length, was similar to test The Nation which worked a few times but now stretches anyone’s stamina.
• The quality of the “celebrity” guests: omnipresent Myleene Klass and EastEnder Perry Fenwick representing England, Fred MacAulay and Carol Smillie (Scotland), Colin Jackson and Sian ‘Lembik-less’ Lloyd (Wales) and Dennis Taylor and someone called Zoe Salmon (N Ireland)
• The encouragement given to the Welsh, Irish and Scots to show off the anti-English chips on their shoulder turned it into blatant racism.